Dear fellow tasters,
Several weeks ago, I was invited to a menu tasting event for Nannini which recently opened its second branch on the second floor of Plaza Indonesia. The first and more popular Nannini in Plaza Senayan is a successful culinary establishment which has been serving an array of international and local cuisines since 1995. The tasting that evening was organized by Goorme.com to introduce food bloggers, netizens and other guests to Nannini’s classic favorite dishes, cooked up by Executive Chef Francis Lim and his kitchen team.
Without further ado, here’s the rundown for the dinner with elaboration quoted from the menu card and some of my commentaries.
- Nannini Wild Mushroom Soup: A soft velvety cream soup blended with a medley of wild mushrooms and drizzled with truffle oil – Soft and velvety it was, with elegant and delectable mushroom flavor.
- Nannini Cordon Bleu: Tender chicken breast stuffed with smoked beef and cheddar cheese, served with potato fries and red wine gravy – A well-executed dish, the cordon bleu was a classic comfort food.
- Nannini Striploin: Grilled striploin served with mashed potato and creamy champignon sauce – The meat was quite tender although the sauce was a bit oily.
- Nannini Salmon: Grilled fresh norwegian salmon served with mesclun salad tossed in balsamic dressing and drizzled with special home made sauce – My favorite from the three main courses, I especially liked the tasty home made sauce which complemented the fish perfectly.
- Nannini Tiramisu: Nannini’s famous mascarpone mousse covered sponge cake drenched in Kahlua and Baileys – I suppose the tiramisu lived up to its famous reputation. The smooth mascarpone and moist cake, with a hint of kahlua and baileys in it, was one of the best tiramisu I’ve ever had.
The menu tasting dinner was quite enjoyable although my only complaint was that the serving time took much longer than expected. It was probably due to the fact that the three main courses had to be served all at once in a plate. Other than the food, we also got to try several Nannini’s specialty cocktails, the smokey rosemary (my favorite), the pineapple and cinnamon roshka, and the sangria. Thank you Nannini for the lovely dinner and Goorme for organizing it.
The taster’s notes:
Favorite dish/drink – the soup, the salmon, tiramisu, smokey rosemary
What to try next time – tekwan soup, pan seared foie gras